St. Francis School of Law Dean Carole J. Buckner will be speaking to the Orange County Paralegal Association on February 23 at 6:00 p.m. Her talk will provide an Ethics Update – Recent Decisions and Guidance on Billing Legal Fees. She will discuss the recent guidance from the California State Bar’s Committee on Mandatory Fee Arbitration, where Dean Buckner is a member. She will also discuss the decision in the Taco Bell Wage and Hour Litigation, where the court reduced a $7 million fee request to a $1 million award. Her discussion also will highlight the California Supreme Court’s recent decision in Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors v. Superior Court on the application of the attorney client privilege to invoices for legal fees.
- What Does the Uniform Bar Exam Mean For Bar Score Portability?
- St. Francis Graduates Dominate Very Tough February 2019 California Bar Exam
- Freedom for Haters, and Other Unconventional Ideas in American History
- Conquering Law School Exams – Top Ten Tips
- CASA: Home to Practical Training for Law Students
- Take Your Training in the New California Ethics Rules Online from the State Bar